Have an Adventure!
Colorado State University is proud to announce our 2023 Honors Summer Institute. The Honors Summer Institute is a 1-week camp for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors with exceptional academic achievements. Our mission is to draw undiscovered talent into the Honors Program. Our program is an extension of the CSU Honors Program and engages students with sample classes from five different disciplines:
- ARTivism as a Tool for Social Justice: Join with your peers to dialogue, connect, and create art based on your story, your community, and your dreams for a socially just future.
- Construction Management: Come and design and build bridges out of Legos! Create buildings out of matches and set them on fire
- Fashion Fundamentals: Students will work together as product development teams to ideate, design, and produce a functional tote bag.
- Animal Behavior: Engage in animal research at our beautiful Mountain Campus!
- Natural Resources: Learn how naturalists observe nature at our beautiful Mountain Campus
All classes are hands-on and taught by CSU faculty and staff. Students will be living in the Honors dorms and 2 nights at CSU’s beautiful Mountain Campus. In addition to daytime courses, the program includes a white-water rafting trip, swimming at Horsetooth Reservoir, indoor rock climbing and hiking and bonfires at CSU's beautiful Mountain Campus. Come and have an adventure and experience all that the CSU Honors Program has to offer!*
Session 1: June 4-10
Session 2: June 18-24
Cost: $1000 (No student will be turned away due to inability to pay)
*Activities subject to change.
The goal of the Honors Program is to provide an enriched educational program of study for academically talented and motivated students at Colorado State University. Honors students benefit from small, discussion-based seminars taught by some of the University's finest faculty members, personalized academic advising, priority enrollment, opportunities for leadership, research and community service, and special scholarships. Many Honors students choose to live in one of our Residential Learning Communities.