Have an Adventure!
Colorado State University is proud to announce our new Honors Summer Institute. The Honors Summer Institute is a 1-week camp for students with exceptional academic achievements. Our program is an extension of the CSU Honors Program and engages students with sample classes from five different disciplines:
- ARTivism as a Tool for Social Justice: Join with your peers to dialogue, connect, and create art based on your story, your community, and your dreams for a socially just future.
- Construction Management: Come and design and build bridges out of Legos! Create buildings out of matches and set them on fire.
- Fashion Fundamentals: Students will work together as product development teams to ideate, design, and produce a functional tote bag.
- Anatomy: Have you ever wanted to hold a brain or take a virtual reality tour of the human body? Now is your chance!
- Natural Resources: Spend the night at CSU’s beautiful mountain campus and learn how naturalists observe nature.
All classes are hands-on and taught by CSU faculty and staff. In addition to daytime courses, the program includes a white-water rafting trip, a movie at a drive-in theatre, swimming at Horsetooth Reservoir, indoor rock climbing and an overnight stay at CSU's beautiful mountain campus. Come and have an adventure and experience all that the CSU Honors Program has to offer!*
Session 1: June 6-12
Session 2: June 20-26
Cost: $1000 (Scholarships are available - no qualified student will be turned away from participating in the camp)
*Activities subject to change.
The goal of the Honors Program is to provide an enriched educational program of study for academically talented and motivated students at Colorado State University. Honors students benefit from small, discussion-based seminars taught by some of the University's finest faculty members, personalized academic advising, priority enrollment, opportunities for leadership, research and community service, and special scholarships. Many Honors students choose to live in one of our Residential Learning Communities.